Thursday, December 25, 2008

Twitter

So, I'm trying out Twitter this week.  The reason I signed up is I heard an interview on NPR with Tim O'Reilly.  O'Reilly is a VIP in the technical publishing world.  When Tim O'Reilly, who is a busy man, says he has time for Twitter because it creates a sense of connection with his friends and family, well then I think I should check it out.  He says he actually feels closer to his sister (or was it brother?) because he sees some of the smaller details of her daily life that he wouldn't otherwise know about.

I can see where you might develop a sense of kinship with fellow tweeters.  You hear what they are making for dinner, what they find amusing, ... what they are doing with their time.  Virtual friendships might develop like friendships I had at work - not too close, but fun and informative.

I'll stick with it for a bit to see how it goes.  My goal is to have something interesting to say, which is difficult when I live the most boring life on the planet!



No comments:

Post a Comment