Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day

20080910 Vietnam Era Helicopter at Fruita MemorialI'm thinking of all the boys and girls my age who went to Vietnam.  The ones who aren't lucky enough to be veterans today are memorialized in several places around the USA.  One such place is the Vietnam War Memorial at Fruita, Colorado.  I didn't expect to be moved by it - after all, it's not like it's the big memorial in Washington D.C.  But, in Fruita they play 1960's era rock and roll, and they have a way-too-long list of the Colorado casualties in Vietnam.  It was hard to stay composed.

20080910 Vietnam Memorial StatuesTo all the veterans, from whatever war, hospital, or guard post, I wish you a future of peace and love.

To my uncle Danny and my Father, who were in the military in WWII... thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment