Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Some knitting virtually finished

This is the Ridged Beret (Pages 110 and 148) from this Fall's Vogue Knitting magazine.  The scanned picture from the magazine on the left, and my unblocked, very unblocked, FO on the right.

I'm hoping it looks better after blocking.  It does look pretty good on a person's head.  If I were going to do it again, and I might, I would choose colors like the magazine - dark with a lighter tweedy purl ridge.  It's really easy to knit.  I hope somebody will like it and buy it from the Craft Fair in November.


 

This is a Seaman's Scarf, from Stahman's Shawls & Scarves.  I love this scarf, and Myrna Stahman is one of my heroes.  Once again, the photo is not good, but you get the idea.  It has been blocked, but the ends are not tucked in.

Both the Seaman's Scarf and the Ridged Beret above were made out of Crystal Palace Yarns Creme, 60% wool / 40% silk.  It stretches a great deal in length after washing, so I think I'll skip the wet wash of the beret and just steam it :-)


 

And this picture shows a couple of things that Karen knit for the Craft Fair - fingerless mittens and a baby hat.  Very nice!  Back there in the shadows are a couple of neck warmers I made from a pattern by Faina.  I have some buttons for the neck warmers, but I put them in a "safe place" and now I can't find them.  I hope they show up when I clean off the various surfaces in my loft.

Speaking of the Craft Fair, it's November 22nd and I'm feeling the stress of having to knit lots of little things by then.  I don't think I'll do this again!



No comments:

Post a Comment