I fetched a friend from the train station to give her a ride home. As a thank-you she gave me a ball of Kureyon Sock Yarn, color S150. (Thank you, Suzanne!)
I wouldn't make socks out of this yarn. There are places in the yarn where it looks un-spun, almost like a beginner's spinning project. And there are places where it is thin and a little overspun and unbalanced. Since the yarn is 70% wool and 30% Nylon, I wouldn't think it would felt into uniformity when worn as a sock. Instead I think it would develop weak spots.
So I made a clapotis (smaller, scarf version) out of it. The yarn is perfect for a clopotis. I made a narrower version, approximately 75+ sts wide (I forgot to count the exact number of sts). If you decide to make a version like this, be advised that you will probably need about 10-11 grams of yarn for the beginning increase section and the same amount for the ending decrease section. I have about 16g left over because I made it a little too short.
No matter about the shortness. It will still be okay for stuffing inside a coat collar in the winter.