This is one of those days when all I want to do is spend the day alone, not being polite.
How was your 4th of July weekend, you ask? You didn't ask, but I'll tell you anyway.
- A gold inlay fell out of my mouth (a week after I had gone to the dentist because it felt loose, but he couldn't find anything). Now I'm drinking Ensure for meals, and I'm being bitchy. I feel sorry for all those people with their jaws wired shut for weeks and weeks.
- I finished a knitting project that is less than perfect. It's supposed to be a "hand crafted" gift for a November fund raiser and I feel like it's just "hand made". Pictures tomorrow.
- The mountain fire smoke came back into Chico, CA, so the air quality is all fucked up. Again. Sacramento Valley - blech!
- It's hot, the air quality sucks, so I'm staying inside, fighting with J over what the temperature should say on the thermostat.
- I watched hours and hours of Olympic Trials and Wimbledon. Quality sports, but there was a lot of it. Why? To keep J company.
- I went to a movie and didn't get any snacks because it costs over $7 for a very small popcorn and a small bottle of water.
- It's hot and the air quality sucks, so I went for a walk in the park at 6:30am and inhaled all that shit. Why? To keep J company.
- J is being particularly bitchy. Normally I would put on my headphones and go work in the garden... but it's hot and the air quality sucks.
- Two bitchy women locked up in a house in hot, bad air isn't good.
- And finally, this is what our professional gardening company (Lifescapes, Chico, CA) thinks an oleander should look like in the summer. And this is what they think a clean sidewalk should look like:
... and the neighborhood pays for this!
... and this from Onion.com (very funny):
Okay, that's the end of my rant.
Disgruntled in Chico, CA.
PS: The dentist works on Mondays. My tooth is okay now.