Monday, July 7, 2008

Disgruntled in Chico, CA

This is one of those days when all I want to do is spend the day alone, not being polite.

How was your 4th of July weekend, you ask?  You didn't ask, but I'll tell you anyway. 

  • A gold inlay fell out of my mouth (a week after I had gone to the dentist because it felt loose, but he couldn't find anything).  Now I'm drinking Ensure for meals, and I'm being bitchy.  I feel sorry for all those people with their jaws wired shut for weeks and weeks.

  • I finished a knitting project that is less than perfect.  It's supposed to be a "hand crafted" gift for a November fund raiser and I feel like it's just "hand made".  Pictures tomorrow.

  • The mountain fire smoke came back into Chico, CA, so the air quality is all fucked up.  Again.  Sacramento Valley - blech!

  • It's hot, the air quality sucks, so I'm staying inside, fighting with J over what the temperature should say on the thermostat.

  • I watched hours and hours of Olympic Trials and Wimbledon.  Quality sports, but there was a lot of it.  Why?  To keep J company.

  • I went to a movie and didn't get any snacks because it costs over $7 for a very small popcorn and a small bottle of water.

  • It's hot and the air quality sucks, so I went for a walk in the park at 6:30am and inhaled all that shit.  Why?  To keep J company.

  • J is being particularly bitchy.  Normally I would put on my headphones and go work in the garden... but it's hot and the air quality sucks. 

  • Two bitchy women locked up in a house in hot, bad air isn't good.

  • And finally, this is what our professional gardening company (Lifescapes, Chico, CA) thinks an oleander should look like in the summer.  And this is what they think a clean sidewalk should look like:

         ... and the neighborhood pays for this!


 

... and this from Onion.com (very funny):


Okay, that's the end of my rant.

Yours truly,
Disgruntled in Chico, CA.

PS:  The dentist works on Mondays.  My tooth is okay now.



No comments:

Post a Comment