Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Why I Don't Buy More Yarn

This is why I don't buy more yarn:

Persimmon, the cat: $670 for checkup, shots, and teeth cleaning/extraction, not planned for in the budget.

Sammy, the cat: About $10 every time he looses one of his reflective, name-plated collars... about 3 times this Spring, not planned for in the budget.

Ruso, the cat: $785 for checkup, shots, teeth cleaning, cyst removal, not planned for in the budget.

Diane, the scullery maid: About $700 for a new vacuum cleaner that I can stand to use two or three times a week in order to vacuum up all the fracking cat hair.

So, all you yarn stores, with your wonderful yarn and new books, you'll just have to wait until my investments begin to pay off, or the price of groceries, gasoline, and vet bills go down.  Until then, I'm working from the stash baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment