Monday, June 2, 2008

The Smell of Wet Wool

 

It took me a couple of months of monogamous knitting, but it's finally done.

Today was the washing and blocking day for the Pi Shawl.  First was a 15 minute soak in Eucalan.  Second, wrap it in a towel and put it through a spin cycle in the washing machine.

Third, Ruso helped me block it on a quilt upstairs.  It took five blocking wires to go all the way around the circumference.  Fourth, cover it with a sheet so when Ruso has his after-lunch cat fit he won't snag it. 

None of these pictures show the lace pattern very well.  I'll try to get a better one outside after it dries.

When I was cleaning out my camera I found this sequence of Sammy in the junk mail recycle bag.  No, the pictures weren't in the junk mail recycle bag.  Sammy was in the junk mail recycle bag.  Nothing good in that bag.

   



No comments:

Post a Comment