Monday, May 12, 2008

Socks and Shawls

I dropped out of Sock Wars III because I am not finished with my Pi Shawl yet.  I'm maybe 40% of the way around the shawl with the finishing edge, so maybe I'll finish it some time in June.  Then I'll be able to knit another pair of socks.

Speaking of socks, Melissa in Portland is having a drawing.  Send her your pictures of the socks you have knit since last July, and when her blog hits reach 10,000 she will give a randomly chosen sock knitter some of her lovely hand spun yarn.  She wants to show the world just how many socks knitters there are :-)

On a gardening note, we have wind.  Dusty, pollen-filled, tree limb-breaking, junk-dumping, hair-mussing, nose-stuffing wind.  So I went to Lowes this morning and bought some plants which will have to wait until tomorrow to be planted.  It's not pleasant enough outside to do the job today.

And... while I was at Lowes I paid for a new window and the installation of said window.  The plants were cheaper.  The window should arrive at Lowes in a couple of weeks and then the installer will pick it up and put it in my house.

Ah, home ownership....



No comments:

Post a Comment