Monday, March 31, 2008

Pi Shawl 3rd Pattern

Still working on EZ's Pi Shawl, I'm up to the 3rd pattern (576 sts per round).  I didn't want to repeat the same patterns again (1st and 3rd would be the same), so I found another diamond pattern in Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns.  It's the Gothic Leaf Pattern on page 288 of my edition.  Here's my chart to be used when working in the round.  (Walker's directions assume flat knitting, so I converted to circular by removing 1st K1; and all odd rows will be knit instead of purled.)

I'm up to 576 stitches per round, which is evenly divisible by 16 :-)

 

20080331 Gothic Leaf Pattern Chart

No, I didn't swatch....



3 comments:

  1. I think this will look very cool.
    So, you've finished the Christmas stocking, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny, Mr. Ted... no progress on the Christmas Stocking, but I have until Thanksgiving '08 to finish it. *Plenty* of time :-)
    This Pi Shawl is taking all my time and consciousness when not napping and recovering, I hope, from this bronchitis thing which is in it's 3rd week :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dianne,
    I am working on the EZ Pi Shawl and am up to 576 sts. I decided to try the Gull Wings pattern , as she suggested, but what does one do about 576 not being evenly divisible by 7? How should I handle the extra 3 sts, or the missing 4 stiches??
    Thanks !
    Note from Tailfeathers: If you add 5 more stitches, then your 7 st repeat will fit evenly... 7 * 83 = 581. Knit on :-)

    ReplyDelete