Thursday, March 20, 2008

JLG's Christmas Stocking & Talking to Meg

Meg Swansen xmas stocking my chart 3

So here's the next chart.  The knitting will look squattier in real life.  The trees look taller and narrower here because of the column and row dimensions I used in MS Excel.  Whatever.  It works as a guide.

20080318 Christmas StockingI'm not quite ready to knit the trees yet.  I'm up to the point where I knit the second little white repeat at the bottom of the hem.  The first time I knit this I tried to keep the seam stitch in green, which was fine on the rows that had both green and white; however, on the rows that had just white, the green seam stitch looks disconnected from its white neighbors because, well because it was disconnected from its white neighbors.  So, I screwed up my courage and called Schoolhouse Press to ask what to do about that seam stitch.  A nice person answered the phone and when I said why I was calling she put Meg on the phone.  Imagine being able to call and talk to a knitting celebrity.  Anyway, she had a couple of suggestions:

1) slip the green seam stitch from the row below, or

2) make the seam stitch white for that part of the stocking.

... and she was so nice about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment