Monday, March 10, 2008

Finished... or not

20080310 Riverbed 2X2I finished another pair of Cat Bordhi Riverbed socks.  This time out of Trecking XXL yarn.  The way this yarn feels in my hands, the socks should last forever.  The previous pair of Riverbed socks I made was from Ray's nice sock yarn which I like the feel of more. 

Anyway, I used Bordhi's master numbers, and created this 2X2 sock.  The increases are on the bottom of the foot - can you see about mid-way up the foot from the toe the sock begins to get fatter?  That's where the increases are.


20080310 Moebius Scarf on modelI don't much care for this picture, but you take the models where you can find them.  In this case just after waking up early during allergy season.  This is a moebius scarf (the knitting, not the model).  I used Cat Bordhi's magical moebius cast on to cast on enough stitches to fit on a 47" needle (nbr divisible by 4).  The first half of the stitches are knit in a traveling rib which travels to the left.  The second half of the stitches are knit in a traveling rib which travels to the right.  The result (magically) is a scarf in which the rib appears to travel in the same direction over the entire scarf - except that small portion where the the ribs meet and there is a "V" in the rib pattern.  Because of the cast on, there is no way to avoid the line in the middle of the scarf, is there?

This was a project I made in a Cat Bordhi class.  I might make it again with better yarn and needles which are the right size for the yarn.


20080310 Christmas Stocking YarnLast year Meg Swansen did a Knit along project called Eli's Christmas Stocking.  I ordered the yarn from Schoolhouse Press and gave J the yarn with a note that it would be a Christmas stocking by this Thanksgiving.

It has taken me a while to finish charting the "JLG" to got on the stocking and begin to swatch, but finally it is a WIP.



No comments:

Post a Comment