Friday, December 7, 2007

Knit Picks Harmony Circular Needles

I like smooth needles that yarn slides over easily.  If you've ever listened to Brenda Dayne's Cast-On podcast, you are familiar with the sound effect that goes with Addi Turbos - kind of like an electronic mark of Zorro.  I like needles that go like lightning, and I have several types that suit my fancy... Addi Turbos and Knit Pick Options are among my favorites.  Nice, smooth metal needles with good joins on circular needles.

But, those Knit Picks Harmony Wood needles are so pretty that I was charmed into buying some to try on my latest pair of socks.  The Harmony needles come in US size 0, so I ordered a couple of circulars to try.  They have nice sharp-but-not-too-sharp points and good joins.  I started using the Harmony needles on my toe-up Coriolis socks by Cat Bordhi.  After about a week, I gave up and started using my Addi's again.  The Harmony needles are just not slippy enough for me, and neither are the cables.  I was pushing and shoving the yarn around, and my hands and shoulder were beginning to complain more than normal.

Brenda's Addi Turbo sound effect could be a sigh of relief as far as I'm concerned!

But, if you like needles with some drag, the Harmony needles might work for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment