Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Spiraling Master Coriolis Socks

There is so much to blog about.  The weather is great.  Bidwell Park is updating the par course.  Pictures uploaded today.

20071121 Whirlpool Toe with MarkersBut I want to talk about my new Cat Bordhi Spiraling Master Coriolis socks.  I'm still enjoying New Pathways for Sock Knitters Book One.  I did the first two practice socks and it's time to make a real sock.

I measured my foot and did the math to find my master numbers. (See Chapter 10, page 110, of the book.)  I asked at my yarn store for the markers that are companions to Bordhi's book and found out that the book is out way before the markers, so I ordered some markers from Hide and Sheep.  They are cute little markers and sized perfectly for small needles (and they were delivered quickly after the order on etsy.com).

The instructions, starting on page 59, say to do a Whirlpool Toe.  It's easy enough, but ... there's always a but ... The LRinc (right-leaning increase) is hard to do with blunt addi needles, old eyes, and dark sock yarn.  I decided not to suffer and did a bar increase, where you knit in the front and the back of the same stitch.  The bar doesn't show in this yarn and my sanity was saved.

The yarn being used is Knitivity sock yarn.  Good stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment