Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Little Sky Sock

This little sock comes from Cat Bordhi's "New Pathways for Sock Knitters Book One".  It's the Little Sky Sock, my first learning sock.

It is knit from the top down.  The heel is turned.  It has a star toe.  I used 5 DPNs instead of my usual circular needles, just for fun and to see what her instructions looked like for DPNs.

The interesting thing is that there is no gusset in the traditional sense.  There is no picking up around a heel flap.  The increasing required to make the sock fit around the ankle is done at the top of the foot.

I confess I blindly followed the instructions and if I had to knit one of these without a pattern I couldn't do it.  Cat Bordhi's mind must be an interesting place for the sock fairies to flit around in!

Many more of her socks will be required before I will absorb this "sockitecture".



No comments:

Post a Comment