Thursday, July 19, 2007

Touring Nova Scotia in 2008 - Not

A while ago I said we'd be touring Nova Scotia next year.  Now we have moved on to Plan B because....  The dollar is so weak that the cost of going to Canada is now more expensive than traveling in the U.S.  The Canadians used to charge many Canadian dollars for their hotels, meals, etc., but it was ok because the U.S. Dollar was worth more than the Canadian dollar.  It used to be that you could figure paying U.S. dollars at about 60-70% of the prices quoted in Canadian dollars.  Now you can figure you will pay 100% of the price quoted, and the price quoted is higher than in the U.S.

We are indeed going down the tubes into 3rd world status.  I'm sure of it.  I'm glad I'm getting old and won't see the end of the empire.

On that cheery note, I'll take my book to bed and read.

PS: What is Plan B?  To invest in timeshares and travel in the U.S.  It's not a good deal, financially, but we are looking at places on the West Coast that will give us a place to get out of the Northern California valley HEAT in the summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment