Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I like 1980s designs

I checked out (from the library) "Cotton Knitting: Over 30 exclusive patterns from top designers", edited by Sally Harding.  The designers featured are not familiar to me - Vivienne Bannister, Sue Bradley, Joan Chatterley, Lotte Courts, Alison Ellen, Sally-Anne Elliott, Hicks & Hobro, Zoe Hunt, Ann Morgan, Sue Turton, and Janice Wilkins.  It was published in 1987 by Barron's.  It is available from Amazon for amazingly low prices.

It's full of boxy, oversized cotton knits with color in geometric shapes, curvy or slanted lines, squares, and circles.  There are drop shoulders, batwings, cap sleeve, sleeveless, and more.  One of my favorite sweaters was a purple batwing sweater with black and white geometric shapes.  I still have it, even if I can't fit into it any more.

My scanner is broken, so I can't show pictures of these lovely designs.  Blast!  I'll have to install that new printer so I can add pictures here later.



No comments:

Post a Comment