Thursday, May 31, 2007

This is a test of MS Live Writer

Microsoft and Typepad have cooperated with each other.  MS released several "Live..." applications, and Live Writer (in Beta) is one of them.  Live Writer is an application that runs on Windows XP or Vista, on your PC, not as a web application.

Here's the good news:

There's a button to insert an image from a URL.  Wahoo!  I've been inserting the html into my blog manually in order to link to my photos on flickr.com.  So let's try it now...

How cool is that?  I didn't enter one piece of html - just cut and pasted the url of the image.  One thing I haven't figured out how to do is make the text float to the right of the picture instead of take up it's own space.  But give me time.  I've only been using this gizmo for 5 minutes!  Ah, a few minutes later I see that the options are in the sidebar when you click on a photo.  Now I'm a happy camper.

And, I was able to change the font without entering any html.  So far so good.

Let's see if this post actually goes to the blog, shall we?

... yes, you can post directly from your PC Live Writer application; you can add categories; you can edit and repost.  Alrighty then....

Look, you can insert a map:


You can insert a regular street map, or an aerial  view like this one.

 

 

 

 

 

Note:  if you subscribe to this blog, please forgive all the updates.  I'm stopping now.



No comments:

Post a Comment