Monday, May 14, 2007

The Namesake

The Namesake (**** Very Good)



The_namesake_poster_2
Jan and I went to see a movie called The Namesake at the Pageant Theater.  It's based on the book by Jhumpa
Lahiri.  A man and woman from India start a family in the United
States.  Of course the children are 100% American and the divide
between generations is wide, but deep down they are a very close
family.  I loved the movie and now I have put in a library request for
the book.  My family wasn't close or wonderful, so watching a movie
like this is like peeking through a glass to see what a close family is
like.  Enough of this maudlin stream of consciousness.
 



The NY Times gave it a pretty good review.



The colors are wonderful in the flowing saris... made me wonder how comfortable they are and just how foolish I would look in one :-)



I recommend the move.



No comments:

Post a Comment