Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Lace Sampler Patterns 5 and 6

Well it has been quite a while since I posted about working on Susanna e. Lewis' Lace Knitting Workshop.  I decided to pick it up again this morning, and find that I haven't documented patterns 5 and 6.  It's been so long (about a year) that I forget what I was thinking when I knit them.  Anyway, here they are.  My scanner is broken, so these are taken with the camera, which suffers from my mediocre skills.  You can click for closeup images.



This is pattern #5:



20070522 Lace Sampler 5



Pattern 5 has straight sides, which means the increases and decreases are balanced in their left- and rightedness.



This is pattern #6:



20070522 Lace Sampler 6



Pattern 6 has wavy sides.  On each repeat (there are two here), the bottom half has only right leaning decreases and the top half has only left leaning decreases.  The action creates stitches that are biased.



No comments:

Post a Comment