Friday, May 25, 2007

Knitty Convertible Finished

These pictures show why I hate having my picture taken.  I'm old and fat and I look just like my mother - and where did all that gray hair come from?  The pictures also show my version of Knitty's Convertible.  The wrap was designed by Rebecca Hatcher, and it was a joy to follow the pattern.  The only gripe I have is that there was no chart, but I made one and worked from that.



20070525 Knitty Convertible 01  20070525 Knitty Convertible 02 (Click for larger images.)



My version is wider than the one in the pattern, by two repeats.  That means the arms have more room, but the wrap covers my shoulders and back better than a narrower version would have.



I chose dull, metal, shanked buttons.



Bamboo yarn is heavy, but not too warm.  This wrap will serve as my protection against aggressive air conditioning in the mega-plex movie theater this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment