Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Penelopiad + Babel



Book while knitting



While knitting on my current project, I listened to Margaret Atwood's Penelopiad.  I'm not educated in Greek mythology, so I think I might have missed some of the point of this book.  It's the story of Penelope and Odysseus as told from Penelope's point of view.  The book is witty and tragic.  I recommend it.



Film: Babel



I rented Babel on DVD.  I don't know how to rate this one.  I hated it - it was like swallowing bad tasting medicine; however, it was very well made and written.  You have to be in the right mood to watch it... strong and not easily depressed.  The story takes place in four countries:  Japan, Morocco, and Mexico/USA.  It's the story of people surrounding a shooting incident.  The acting is very good.  The story is very sad.



No comments:

Post a Comment