Thursday, April 19, 2007

Knitting Chairs

Knitting Chairs


20070419 Chair 01
20070419 Chair 02
20070419 Chair 03 (Click for larger images.)



These are my two knitting chairs.  The first (flowery slip cover) is in front of the television.  The second chair in my loft is my knitting nest.  There are two pictures of the same chair.  The middle picture has my Knitty Convertible on it, but is otherwise unprotected.  The third picture on the right shows how the chair looks most of the time, covered and protected against the three cats of the house.  (The shawl in the rightmost picture is a Zimmermann pi shawl - easy, warm, all mine.)


Work in Progress



20070419 Gift 01
20070419 Gift 02
20070321 Convertible Lace (Click to see larger images.)



The first two pictures show the same stitch pattern done in two different yarns with two different needles sizes.  The first is a worsted weight cotton (mfr = ??, bordering on bulky), knit with size 9 needles.  The second is worsted weight cotton (Mission Falls), knit with size 7 needles.  These little mystery pictures will remain a mystery until the items have found their permanent home.  The stitch pattern is:  Row 1: *YO, SSK*, repeat between borders.  Rows 2-5: knit all sts between borders.  Repeat rows 1-5 until length desired.  You end up doing row 1 on the right side, then the wrong side, and back and forth until done.



The third picture is one I've shown before.  It's a closeup of the lace pattern in my Knitty Convertible.  I'm about 28 inches along now (shown in middle chair picture above).  That means I'm half done!  I've been knitting on this in the mornings while listening to "The Piano Tuner" by Daniel Mason.  It was a good book.



About the book, the USA Today Review says, "His unlikely adventurer is Edgar Drake, who in 1886 London is an expert
tuner of Erard pianos, a brand so exquisite that they were played by
Napoleon, Haydn, even Beethoven.  One day Drake receives an unexpected request from Her Majesty's War
Service: Would he travel to a remote village in Burma to repair a
damaged Erard?
"  I listened to an abridged book on CD.  If you read the review you see some quibbles toward the end of the review.  I have none of those quibbles about my abridged audio version.



2 comments:

  1. Nice Pi Shawl. What yarn did you use for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ted, I used Lion Brand Woolease. Completed it eight or so years ago. It was an improvement over Red Heart....
    It has been indestructible, color-fast, and washable. It's soft, but it looks pretty bad - pilly. I wouldn't want a sweater out of this stuff, nor would I want to make a gift out of it. I don't look at it. I just wear it and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete