Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Goofing Off with Google Earth



My_neighborhood
Here's a picture of my neighborhood in Chico, shown by Google Earth.  I'll give you a hint - my house is Not one of the ones with a pool.  My pool is less than a mile away at Chico Sports Club, and it's big enough to swim laps, which is what I did at 4:30 this morning.  By the way, the info on Chico Sports Club's web site says the lap pool is kept at 79-82F.  BAH!  The lap pool is warm enough to swim in, but only after a few laps to warm up.



Google Earth has improved quite a bit since I first used it.  My neighborhood is now accurately portrayed.  I think the images are less than two years old, because the new tree I planted shows in my front yard.



So, playing with Google Earth is what I'm doing this morning instead of ... my Taxes, laundry, vacuuming, and mopping,



Have a nice day.



PS:  As long as I'm just blabbering away....  Take a look at Eva Henneberry's web page.  She's a quilting artist, and her work is hung in the Chico Public Library right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment