Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Convertible in Progress

Image I have been knitting slogging away on Knitty's Convertibe,  The Mason-Dixon Knitting blog post from Ann today introduces her Slogalong.  It's a web site for people who knit for a very long time on one project, projects with "that lovely endless quality."  It seems like anything I knit is a potential slog!



When I knit lace in front of the television I tend to make mistakes if the program is interesting (recent Medium episode caused a missed YO).  TV lace knitting is slow because I have to visually check every lace row to make sure I haven't screwed up, and then unknit back to the mistake and fix it.  That's what I call slogging.



Early morning knitting, on the other hand, is good knitting.  I am catching up on Brenda's Cast On podcasts in the early morning between 4 and 6 am - great knitting time!  Besides Brenda's podcast, books on CD are good to knit to.  The last book I knit to was "Sharpe's Rifles" by Bernard Cornwell, which is not something I would choose to read, but just fine for background while knitting.  By the way, I don't recommend Cornwell's Sharpe series unless you like late 1700s and early 1800s war, long battles, etc.



Convertiblealt1
About the Convertible, I don't plan to wear it as a shrug, but as a kind of poncho for seriously air conditioned buildings in the hot Chico summers.  I haven't found any light-weight buttons yet.  Any ideas?



1 comment: