Sunday, March 4, 2007

Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume One



I think there is an error in Pattern #157, "Georgia Lace", in Vogue Knitting's Stitchionary Volume One Knit & Purl.

The last line says  "Rep rows 5-2."  It should probably say "Rep rows 5-26." ?

FYI: The errata page for this book does not include this pattern.

Gripe, Gripe, Gripe -- I hate patterns that do not include charts, especially if they also contain errors!!!! 

This picture is my own attempt to chart the pattern.  I'm not an ace lace charter, but even my charts are better than none.

The Sparkly Spiral Girl found the problem.  Good eyes!


3 comments:

  1. Now the errata page has a correction for Georgia Lace :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Glad you figured out your problem - and great initiative with the chart!
    I'm having a problem with pattern 156, vines and bobbles. I've written to vogue three times, called them etc, and no response. Have you looked at this pattern? I've given up on it, and I think I'm giving up on Vogue because they've been completely unresponsive over what I believe to be a completely reasonable period of time. If they'd just sent an email that said "Whoops - sorry we're working on it" that would have satisfied me for now - but they haven't even done that. Too bad - it's a beautiful book - but it's the last vogue book I'll buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at pattern #156 and posted about it today. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete