Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Finished Amethyst Socks

The Basketweave Amethyst socks are finished.


Image These socks took me forever, and I finally figured out why.  I needed better magnifying glasses!  The color is just dark enough that the poor evening light in the living room made it difficult to see the stitch pattern.  I have new readers and am contemplating a trip to the eye doctor.



This yarn is Knitivity's Southern Purls Amethyst Sock Yarn (75% Merino Wool, 25% Nylon).  Because of the Merino it's soft and just a tiny bit fuzzy.  It felt good to work, and I imagine the socks will feel good to wear.  Ray, at Knitivity, provides a high level of service and his colors are always unique.  My digital photo doesn't do just to the real color, but it's close.  It's a beautiful, deep purple variegation.




Image The pattern is mine.  I took the basketweave stitch pattern from Charlene Schurch's "Sensational Knitted Socks" book.  I used size 0 (US) needles and got a gauge of 9 sts per in on the stockinette part.  They are worked top down with a standard heel stitch on the heel flap, and round heels.



There was plenty of yarn to make socks for my size 9 feet, with just a little left over.




1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I am also knitting a basket weave type pattern for my socks from Ray's sock yarn.
    I am doing toe up and am up to the heels on both socks. I do them at the same time on two sets of dpns.
    from Barbara.
    ........
    Note to Barbara... thanks for the note. I also work socks two at a time on seperate needles. It's the only way I have a prayer of making them come out the same size :-) Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete