Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Typepad Compose Fields and Tags

Add tags to your Typepad blog posts.  All you have to do is turn on the advanced view on the compose page.



This part is the Post Introduction, which displays in the blog.  You won't see the Post Continuation (Extended Body) unless you click on a link to it.



So here we are in the Post Continuation (Extended Body).  I think the only reason to use the continuations is if you write a lot of blog entries and you don't want to load it all when the blog opens.  Or, if you have a lot of pictures, like I do, then you might want to put the photos in the extended body (here) so that the main blog loads quickly.  Only those people who wish to see pictures need to click on the post continuation link.


I was wondering how to improve Google searching of my blog.  Maybe tags will help?  Maybe keywords?  We shall see.


I looked at this bit in TypePad's Knowledge Base, which told me how to turn on the advanced post fields.


Note 1:  There is an excerpt field which I filled in.  It doesn't show in the blog.  Maybe it will show in various blog search software?  Also, the Keyword field doesn't show in a basic blog, but the Technorati Tags do.  I think I read somewhere that you need a more expensive TypePad subscription to show things like Excerpt and Keywrods.  Hmmm.


Edit 1: Fixed typos.


No comments:

Post a Comment