Thursday, February 22, 2007

Things I miss / Things I Like

Today my heart aches for all the things I left behind, and is not satisfied with the here and now.



I miss...









San Francisco
  • Davies Symphony Hall


  • A.C.T.


  • The Golden Gate Bridge


  • The Old Days


  • The bay

Santa Cruz
  • Sunshine


  • The Ocean

Aptos
  • Fog


  • Walking on the beach

Monterey Bay
  • Fog


  • Pt. Lobos


  • Carmel


  • The Jazz Festival


  • The beaches


My Friends

I like...







Chico
  • Small, University Town


  • Bidwell Park


  • The Mountains


  • My house
Northern California
  • Close to Oregon


  • Mt. Shasta, Mt. Lassen


  • Lassen Nat'l Park


  • Graeagle (Mill Works, Frazier Falls)


I can't think of
anything else!




2 comments:

  1. This really struck a chord with me, Diane.
    I miss San Francisco and Berkeley so much - for all the same reasons you listed. I lived there for 14 years before moving back to Phoenix.
    There's only one reason I stay here instead of moving back. Only one reason, but it's a big one. I hate the climate, the traffic, the desert, actually everything about the place.
    ok, maybe there's two reasons to stay. The first is the best one and it keeps me here when I long to get away to anywhere but here - and that's family. I have 3 sisters, my son, 7 nieces and nephews, two grandchildren,& 2 cousins that all live here.
    No one is more than 20 minutes away. And we do things together, we love each other and are close knit. When I lived in California, I didn't know how that would feel to be so close to them - I cut myself off from them and I didn't know that'w what was missing until I moved here and found it.
    The second one is my little guild. I've become good friends with some amazing women and we feed each others fiber addiction.
    So I stay. It's a trade off that's worth it.
    What's your trade off - why do you stay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had this conversation at the office a couple of days ago, and then again with friends yesterday. We've all lived in Toronto, and as we say, it's lovely to visit, but we wouldn't want to live there again. For us, though, it's relatively close, so the amenitites we enjoy are available, though not as easily if we lived in The Big Smoke.

    ReplyDelete